Posted by Bryan Larsen on 2012-03-29
We’re proud to announce the release of Hobo 1.4 beta.
gem install hobo --pre.
Major New Features
all prototype.js code has been removed and replaced with jQuery
new tags to facilitate fragment caching
Rails’ asset pipeline is required
themes may now be installed via plugins; multiple themes may be used per application
plugins are first class citizens; RAPID is now supplied via a plugin
several additional tags have gained AJAX support. This includes, but is not limited to a, filter-menu and page-nav.
all tags now use the standard Hobo ajax support mechanism, which used to be known as Hobo form AJAX. The editor tags in particular have changed substantially
part ids for AJAX updates may now be supplied implicitly or via a CSS selector
support for AJAX file uploads
support for push-state on AJAX requests
new tags: nested-cache, live-editor, click-editor, formlet, hot-input, feckless-fieldset, accordion, accordion-collection, autocomplete, combobox, datepicker, dialog-box, tabs and more.
Documentation & Installation Instructions
Detailed documentation of the changes & Installation Instructions are available on http://cookbook-1.4.hobocentral.net/. Not all sections of that site have been updated for Hobo 1.4. The entire taglibs section is up to date.
- after-submit, sortable-input-many and name-many do not work
- Hobo 1.4 breaks default_scope. If you’re setting the order, you can use Hobo’s set_default_order as a stopgap although once it’s fixed please switch back to default_scope as set_default_order is deprecated.
- remote-method-button, create-button, update-button, transition-button: normal usages of these tags work, but they do not work if you ask them to do AJAX
- live-search works, but it’s not ‘live’. You have to press return to start the search
- remove-button, remote-method-button, create-button & update-button used to display inline but now display as a block. In other words, they now display one per line rather than several in a single line.
- the rapid_summary tags have been moved out of core Hobo into their own plugin, https://github.com/Hobo/hobo_summary, which is not yet in a working state
The rest of the TODO list for completion of Hobo 1.4 is available here: